Thursday, January 29, 2009

Stitches and Scars!

Stitches are a big deal when you have Classic EDS. Here are my super model legs!!! Nice calves though I always thought. Now the scarring that occurs is called 'widened atrophic scars' or referred to as 'cigarette paper' scarring, as they are terribly thin and without using any imagination they look like crumpled cigarette papers. No hair grows back on the wide scars (which is great as there is less to shave) and they are so sensitive that I can tell someone is going to touch them without even looking. No tears over my scars though, as I wear them like a badge of honour. I have had over 300+ stitches in my life and my left knee has been split open 3 times.

Here are my knees a little closer. The skin is very stretchy and I can pull my knee skin away from the knee cap about 2 inches. It was amazing for 'party tricks' as a child but I don't tend to show me scars off at parties anymore!

Love Rowena

x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment