Saturday, August 29, 2009

Every cloud has a silver lining!

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all healthy and happy. Now I have been on a bit of a new life journey recently. I decided to loose weight as I said before and I am truly feeling so much healthier. I will say that the exercise has made a huge difference to my mind (endorphins ROCK) and I have been feeling healthier, but my arm joints have taken a bit of a hammering. The one thing that I have noticed happening recently is that my ring finger top joint on my left hand actually almost pops out! I will be holding something or just moving my hand and it will happen. The thing that makes me sad is that this in so minor compared to so many of the people that I have been in contact with recently.

It has made me realise how difficult it can be for the many of you with EDS and who have constant joint pain and dislocations. My heart goes out to you as it is debilitating and just unfair. I know that I am all about looking on the 'bright side', and we have too, but I do just want to send this little black cloud out there, to say I am so sorry that you are experiencing this! The silver lining on that cloud is that we are all here for a good time, not a long time, so enjoy the ride no matter what!

Take care

Rowena X

3 comments:

  1. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. An inspiring post - Thank you Rowena. I have just blogged saying my world is becoming far too small and I must do something about it. Its good to read a positive post. Despite the world being so large, I am finding the ehlers danlos blogging world a very supportive place right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Achelois,

    I am so happy that you are feeling supported!!! It can be lonely out there even in a sea of people. I think we are only here for such a short time and we just have to deal with the cards we are dealt and isn't it easier with a smile!

    Take care

    X

    ReplyDelete