Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wonderful News!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I hope 2012 has brought you happiness and pain free days. I just wanted to let you know that I do not have the vascular COL3A1 gene. That means that I am only a 'Classical EDS Girl' through and through. Actually what the test result said was: 'NO MUTATION IDENTIFIED IN THE COL3A1 GENE'.

My genetic counsellor was so lovely and when he told me he had good news for me I bursted into tears. Tristan and I were both so relieved as it meant that my baby didn't have it either. This also meant that we did not need to cancel his operation.

Some more amazing news was that with my MRI results, my dilation was actually slightly smaller than first diagnosed on the echogram and I am classified as only having a midly dilated aortic root, which is a characteristic of Classical EDS.

So there you have it. I feel like I can push play on my life again and take it off the pause button. I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all the lovely people who sent we wondeful wishes and fingers crossed, it really helped knowing people were out there and caring about me.

Love Rowena

X X X X

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you, have the vascular type was my worry when I first found I had EDS, but I was happy to learn I have the hypermobility type only.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much 'Lady of the Ozarks'. I am so happy for you as well.

    Rowena

    x x x x

    ReplyDelete