Saturday, May 30, 2015

Skin Biopsy

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all well and pain free. It has been such a long time since I blogged. I have been busy being a Mum, a full time teacher, travelling (so blessed), visiting my family in New Zealand (even more blessed) and living life in one of the biggest cities in the world. I just wanted to fill you in on the skin biopsy that I had a while back. Well it boarded a plane and made it to the European trials.  My gorgeous genetic consultant, Dr Kate Tatton Brown, called a few weeks back and said it looks like Classical EDS is the strongest genes showing up. My heart felt lighter and I am off to meet the EDS Service in the London Clinic, when the next available appointment shows up. I will let you know what they say.

Even with my heart feeling lighter from my news, sadly, I have reached an age that people around me have very scary, life threatening diseases. My dear Dad is in the final stages of Cancer, my dear Mum has Dementia and one of my best friends has a friend who has just had an operations for breast cancer on Friday. It made me realise that you have to just live each day and be so grateful for every minute.

Recently I have been thinking, living each day isn't enough anymore. Crossing your fingers and waiting for what ever is coming your way is not living, it is waiting. So I have been looking into health (body and mind) and I now know that eating well, exercising (however much you can) and thinking positive, grateful thoughts are going to make a huge difference to anyone. But especially for people with EDS, because we already know what it means to try, even on the hardest days. No matter what EDS types we have, we are all connected in an unseen way. I just wanted to share this today for food for thought.

Love Rowena XXXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment