Thursday, August 21, 2014

Waiting but not worried this time!

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are well and pain free!

It has been such a long time since I have written on my blog. Actually October was the last time.

Well I had my gene test a while ago and my result was........ nothing! Not a single gene could be isolated. On September 18th I am going back to my genetic counsellor to discuss where to go from here.

I am not worried which is so new for me (I used to be such a worry-wart) and I am just carrying on as always - happy and loving my new adventures in London.

Perhaps I will actually have a skin biopsy this time to try and isolate 'something'. My boy is often frustrated that I continue go back to find out 100% what my 'label' is. What he doesn't understand at 17, that I understand at 42, is I want to live a long life and knowing what I have to deal with is 'knowledge' and as we all know, 'knowledge is power'!!!! It means I can then get the best medical support and I can live the long happy life that I deserve, just like everyone does.

Keep well, Love Rowena XXXXXXXX



No comments:

Post a Comment